Systematic Student + review

Anyone want to read with me?

I have some exciting events coming up this month with the blog that I am going to be participating in.

body image and self-perception month

Throughout this month, I will be participating in Once Upon a Bookcase's Body Image and Self-Perception month (BI&SP). I will be reading and reviewing several books relating to body image along with many other great bloggers. The books I have (tentatively) planned for are the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld, Izzy, Willy-Nilly by Cynthia Voigt, Tenderness by Robert Cormier, and Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson.

Have any ideas for books that would be a great addition?! Let me know! It would be great to have as much support and participation on this topic as possible. If you have recently read a book that you think applies to this topic or have any planned to be read soon, sigh up with us! If you don't have a blog, or don't want to commit to a complete sign up, send me a message, and I'll include your review on my blog as a guest post!

I believe that this is a very important topic that is too often ignored. It gets a lot of lip service, but not a lot of action. Lets all do something this month to shed more light, attention and action on this topic. Go out and tell someone that you love them, and remember that you are who you are, and you are wonderful that way. Never let anyone tell you that the way you look is wrong.

Once Upon A Read-A-Thon

From July 12-14, I'm also going to be participating in the Once Upon a Reading Challenge. You can check it out at Pure Imagination, Candace's Reading Blog or Reading Angel. Sign ups begin tomorrow, July 5th! It's a great excuse to just sit back and read for a while. They are hoping to have a lot of participants, and it should be a lot of fun. They have some great prize packs planned as well, so head on over a join with me, and tell all your friends!

art, book, event-BISP, life, random, and more:

Anyone want to read with me? + review