Systematic Student + random

Read-A-Thon Final Update!

So, I was a lot more tired that I imagined yesterday. I typed up my mid-way point meme, and got ready to read my next book. I'd decided on Mountain Born by Elizabeth Yates because it was short, with big font and pictures. Turns out, at 12:30 in the morning, it's also pretty boring and my eyes started doing that droopy thing. So, I decided I'd just wait a few minutes and either start again or pick up a different book... Well, as you can probably tell from the timing of this update, I didn't start anything again, and slept for a while. Guess I was more tired than I thought!

I just wasn't really feeling the read-a-thon too much yesterday. I started late, and took a few hours off in the middle for the birthday party, so it didn't really feel like an all day read-a-thon for me, and I didn't make it as much of a priority as I could have. There were other things that kept capturing my attention, and I often found myself more interested in reading the updates online than I was in reading my books. So, next time, I'm hoping will fall on a day I have nothing to do at all, and I'll most likely sign up for a few hours as a cheerleader as well. We'll see what happens.

I did manage to read 2 1/4 books, but that's not really all that exciting, because I can often do that on a normal Saturday. Oh well. I still had fun, and I'm looking forward to next year!:)

art, book, life, and more:

Read-A-Thon Final Update! + random