Systematic Student + teach

What's in a memory, or a Monday?

On my sister's personal blog, she started a weekly post she calls Memory Monday to try and create consistent posts about her and her family. With 3 young kids, it's hard to find the time to post regularly, and this was her way to let people know what's been going on in their family on a regular basis.

I think the idea is great, so I'm contemplating stealing it to use on my book blog, because there are so many books I absolutely love from before I started a book blog that I want to share. A lot of those also have distinct memories associated with them, so I thought I could use this Memory Monday idea to share some of those past favorites and the memories of reading them and my reactions to them that will probably last longer than the memories of what I actually read.

What do you guys think? Would you be interested in hearing that I cried when my 4th grade teacher read us Where the Red Fern Grows, and ran off to the bathroom (hopefully) before anyone noticed and when my best friend came to find me and make sure I was okay, I sniffed dismissively and told her it was 'Just my allergies'? Or that I stopped reading this book after the only dog I've ever loved died and I swore that, even though it was my favorite book EVER, I would never read it again, but couldn't stop myself from picking it up about 2 years later when these our next two dogs (who were not good dogs for kids...) ran away and I felt bad that I wasn't sad about it. Or, that I've always wanted to live in the Ozark mountains because of this book, and it makes me ridiculously happy that Billy lives in Idaho when the book starts.

Anyway, back to my idea — I doubt I would do this every single Monday, but it is something I'm tossing around. Any thoughts?

art, best, book, favorite, happy, life, Memory Monday, random, and more:

What's in a memory, or a Monday? + teach