Systematic Student + read-a-thon

Read-a-Thon Survey!

End Point Survey!!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Most daunting for me was probably somewhere around 21 or 22. It didn't help that the book I was reading was dense, and has very small font. Probably not the best choice for the homestretch.:)

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

Books written in verse move really quickly, so you feel like you are accomplishing a lot. I was also rather partial to rereads, because you are already familiar with the story, so they generally move quicker.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Still nope... :)
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I don't know how to answer this question. And, I'm exhausted. So I won't.:)

5. How many books did you read?
11 1/3

6. What were the names of the books you read?

I listed them all in another post. Here is the link.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

Most? I don't really know. I enjoyed a lot of them differently. Some were old favorites that I reread, some were new. I don't know that I could pick one!

8. Which did you enjoy least?

I feel guilty saying this, but that book I enjoyed the least was The Hero and the Crown. I feel guilty, because it's one of my favorites. It's a reread for me, and my lack of enjoyment was not the books fault. It's just fairly dense writing (that's McKinley for ya) and the font in my copy is tiny, and I started it at one o'clock in the morning. Let me tell you — When you've been reading for 19 hours, dense writing with itty bitty font is probably not the best idea.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

I wasn't a cheerleader this time.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Definitely will! I will be a reader for sure, and probably a cheerleader.

Here is my mid-challenge survey! I will most likely also be using this post for the final survey also, but we'll see.:)

1. What are you reading right now?
I just finished reading The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, and now I'm waiting on Twitter to help me decide what to read next while I fill this out!:)

2. How many books have you read so far?

I have 8 books on my 'read' list. One of those was just finishing the last 70 pages, and three were short novella, but I'm feeling pretty awesome about my progress!

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Most looking forward to? I have no idea! My interests keep shifting, so right now, I'm just interested in making sure I finish!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. I don't work on Saturdays, so I mostly just told people that I was uninterested in being social.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

I had a few phone calls, and a friend came over for a second, but I just didn't talk much. All in all, I think my total distraction time is less than 15 minutes, and that includes the few minutes it took me to walk around the corner to go get the mail, and then open my packages! I'm really proud of myself! Normally I get completely sucked into Twitter or something, but I've been really great at keeping focused!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Like I mentioned above, mostly I'm surprised at how well I've kept my focus! And, that I'm passing through hours 13 and don't feel like gauging my eyes out yet.:)

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Umm... Not really.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I think next year I'd like to set up a slightly different area in advance with more sitting options. I don't have a chair in my bedroom right now (no room) and it's the quietest part of the house, with no distractions. I think after everyone goes to be, I might migrate, but I'd like more ready made options. I will also buy a little more food with substance to it.:)

Also, next year, I think I want to sign up to be an official cheerleader. I plan to spend some time cheering later tonight, but I'd like to be able to make it 'official'
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nope! My tired time was this morning. That first 3 or so hours was a little hard, because I am not a morning person. I'm just hitting my stride!:) I thrive at night, so I imagine I'll be doing great for a while yet! I usually start getting sleeping around 3 or so, and if I can push past that, I'm golden!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I don't really know... I'm still pretty new to this, so, take it for what it's worth. But, it's been working out really well for me to finish a book, write it down as completed and then jump on Twitter and update, or cheer people on for about 5-10 minutes. It gives me a chance to get my mind around the book I just finished, and then swiftly shift for the next one. I doubt I'm the only one to figure this out though!:)

art, best, book, favorite, and more:

Read-a-Thon Survey! + read-a-thon