Systematic Student + review

Memory Monday: Amber is our Guest!!

Everyone, please welcome Amber of The Literary Wife to the blog today for Memory Monday! I've loved chatting with Amber on Twitter and was thrilled when she agreed to be my guest! So, here she is!!

My name is Amber Keck and I have been blogging for almost a year at The Literary Wife. I started my blog to fulfill a challenge I gave myself to read through the Top 100 Children's Books, as compiled by Betsy Bird at A Fuse #8 Production. I have had a blast reading through old classics and some books that I hope will become classics in the future. It is my pleasure to be sharing with you, Ashley's readers.

Growing up, we lived about fifty feet from my town's public library, so you can imagine where I spent a lot of my time. I actually ended up working there in high school, one of the best jobs I have ever had. It was just a small library, but there was a great collection of children's literature, complete with bean bag chairs and an awesome reading area. I spent countless hours there reading or picking out books for my little brothers.

The highlight of my own book collection was definitely my impressive Babysitter's Club collection. At one time, I owed books one through 82 in the series. I think anyone that read these as an adolescent can resonate with the love and appreciation shown for this series. However, the series that I most remember devouring and loving is the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. From her first home in Wisconsin to moving in with her husband, we see Laura grow up and become a woman through much adventure and adversity. With Mary as the quiet fixture in her life and Pa as the one instigating her crazy antics, Laura is a character that you just can't help but love.

As I recently spoke about on my blog, I believe there is something in all of us that draws us to books with stories we will never experience. We live vicariously through the literature that we read and that was definitely the case with me and the stories of the Ingalls family. I will never make maple candy straight from the tree or watch my father build a home from logs that he cut down himself. This is the beauty of literature. We can transcend time and grow in our understanding of people by reading their stories and passing them on.

Thanks again Amber! I loved the post! I remember The BSC & Little House books! They were definite favorites! If you are interested in being a guest blogger for Memory Monday, in my blog for more info and the form, or shoot me an email!

art, best, book, childhood faves, favorite, guest, literature, Memory Monday, and more:

Memory Monday: Amber is our Guest!! + review