Systematic Student + random

I know this isn't really book related, but...

A girl I went to high school with, Ashley, recently experienced one of the most tragic and horrible things I can think of. Her 18 month old daughter fell into an irrigation ditch and floated about a mile and a half downstream before being pulled out by a farmer and his brother. They got her to the hospital where she was in critical condition. About a week after being taken to the hospital, this tiny little girl passed away.

You can read more of their story at http://patrickandashley.blogspot.com/. My sister went to high school with Ashley's older brother and both of us are completely heart broken for their family. We wanted to do something for the family to help them remember their little girl and hopefully offer some comfort as they are struggling. My sister had seen this website, Julian & Co that makes lovely silver jewelry, especially for families. My sister contacted the owner and creator, Tania, and asked if she would be willing to donate something to the family to help them through this trial.

The next morning, Tania emailed my sister back with an offer to make a custom necklace for the mother at no charge. I think it is amazing the generosity and kindness exhibited by donating something to a family you have never met. It is astounding. It is wonderful to know that there are people out there who are willing to help and offer whatever sympathy they are able.

I wanted to post about this and her company because I think it is wonderful that someone would be willing to make a donation like this to help a family they had never met. This is a hard time for the Sullenger family and it warms my heart that there are people willing to offer so much assistance, and I am sure that this will become a comfort to their family as well.

If you are looking for jewelry like this, for yourself or another, I definitely recommend Tania's site. I've added a button to my sidebar, and it will stay there. I would have loved to shop there for this before contacting her, but now that I've seen how generous she is, I will definitely do all my silver family jewelry shopping through her. It's a great gift for a mom, grandmother, sister, friend etc. They will last forever and will always serve as a reminder of your loved ones.

art, book, life, and more:

I know this isn't really book related, but... + random