Systematic Student + review

This is like, the greatest marketing idea EVER!

I received an email a few days ago from the publishers at enthrill asking me if I would be interested in reviewing a new book with a very new and innovative marketing design. Enthrill is a brand new publisher, getting set to launch their first book in the next few days. Knowing that they would lose out against the huge publishers if they tried to compete using their traditional marketing methods, they are launching this book as an ongoing project. The idea is so huge, so unique, and so new that I was ready to accept their review offer without even having read the book. Ya, it's that cool! So what is it you ask. Well, let me tell you!

The book is called One Child and it's written by internationally bestselling thriller writer, Jeff Buick. That right there is enough to interest me. I love me some espionage, suspense and crazy action. However, what really drew me to this story was their publishing model. I hinted at it before, but now I'm going to tell you all about it.

There will be two major release days associated with this novel. First is July 27th, followed by August 25th. Save those days, because they are important. August 25th is the official release date for the final published copies of this book, or the complete e-book edition, if that's your preference.

However, (and this is the really cool part) beginning July 27th, (tomorrow) this novel with be released in installments. This novel takes place in real time. Fans of 24 might want to take note of this. But, it's pretty cool for everyone else too! How does this work? Well, I'll see if I can explain it a little better. This novel takes place over 30 days. With events involving U2 (the band) and Halima, a young girl living in Afghanistan, we watch and read and experience these events along with the characters. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

Not only do we get to read the action along with the characters, but they are also creating an interactive reading experience. The characters have facebook pages — and they respond to you! They have filmed 4 different video sequences to coincide with various events within the story to give you an idea of what living on the front lines of Afghanistan is like and more! It boggles my mind what they are doing with this book, and I think it's amazing! You can read a press release with more information HERE, you can read more about the plot of the novel at the author's website, found HERE, and you can sign up to read along with me HERE.

For just $10 you will receive each daily release, furthering the tale of Halima as she discovers her role within the world. And, if you aren't totally sure immediately that this is something you will just love, they are offering the first 8 days of this new novel free. You can preview the story, test the waters a little bit and read along for free. Just got to the website found HERE and sign up for your free trial today. And, if you sign up a little late, each of the previous releases will be sent to your mailbox so you can catch up to the rest of us. There's nothing to lose!

I will be posting periodic updates in the weeks to come as I read this book. Most will be a fairly short post, just letting you know how my reading is going, what I've thought about the releases so far, and all that good stuff. Then, the day before the final release (because I'm cool enough to get to read it early) I will post my final and full review. I'd love to have people read along with me! If you are interested in reading with me, or if you sign up, let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts and share about this fantastic idea.

I've never come across a publishing idea any where near to this before, and I am wicked excited for it! I hope everyone else is too! Let me know what you think!

art, best, book, intense, life, random, and more:

This is like, the greatest marketing idea EVER! + review