Systematic Student + review

Memroy Monday — I Can Read!!

I-Can-Read! Can you read? Really?! Me too! We should read together! But, we're just little kids, what should we read? I know... I know! Lets read these I-Can-Read books! Doesn't that sound great?! Ya, I thought so too!

Did any of you read those lovely I-Can-Read books? We had quite a few of them while I was growing up, and I remember loving them. I would listen to my mom read them to me, and as soon as I was old enough, I would read them over and over again. These books, especially the ones I actually grew up reading are on the same mental shelf as the Serendipity books I reviewed earlier this month. I was in the local thrift store on my way home from work the other day and found a group of 8 Serendipity books and 3 of these I-Can-Read books, and I just had to buy them! I already owned a few, and buying more just makes me feel happy inside, like I'm buying a childhood memory to save it.:)

My very most favorites were Danny and the Dinosaur and Zack's Alligator. I also loved Little Bear, Arthur's Honey Bear, and The Big Balloon Race. Not to mention Magic Secrets. I practiced those little magic tricks on my babysitters, and thought I was just so clever!

These books are just so great for beginning readers. I remember when I reached the stage that your regular picture books were too easy for me to read, but I still liked looking at the pictures. (Shoot, I still like looking at pictures). I needed something harder than a picture book, but I wasn't ready for 'real' books yet. So, I read these and the Serendipity books by Stephen Cosgrove. I felt like such an accomplished reader. They were 'real' books, and now, I was a real reader.

Do you remember reading through the I-Can-Read series? They have tons of books, including all the Amelia Bedilia, many of Dr. Suess's books, and on and on. I want to have a large collection of these in my home for any future kids, because they are old favorites of mine, and I think they are great reading tools for young kids.

What are/were your favorite I-Can-Read books? What books helped make you feel like you were really readers? I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, or fill out my guest blogger form /send me an email to be a guest blogger!

art, book, childhood faves, favorite, happy, Memory Monday, and more:

Memroy Monday — I Can Read!! + review