Systematic Student + review

Giant Huge Challenge Post

Alright... So, I have this problem, where I see a great/really interesting challenge, and I just feel like I need to sign up for it/participate in it... So, although these lists may change, (added to...) here is a tentative post including all the challenges I wish to participate in for 2011. Most of these have quite a bit of overlap, so that isn't too bad, but I also think I might be crazy... :)

So, first, I have my new Fill in the Gaps: 100 Books project. (first link takes you to my post, second takes you to the official blog) I won't waste the space repeating my list here...

Next, I'm participating in two challenges hosted by The Book Vixen: The Out Do Yourself Challenge, where you try to read more books in 2011 than in 2010. This one might be trickier than I expected, because I'm finished at 250. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to list which books I think I'll try, but I'll probably be working toward reading around 260 books next year...

She is also hosting a fun YA of the 80s and 90s Challenge. It's pretty flexible in terms of which books, how many etc, but I've decided to try for 15-30. I think a lot of these are going to end up as rereads, because there are a lot of great books from this era that I miss, and really want to read again, so it will probably end up about half and half.

This brings me to my next challenge, which is the Read Me Baby, One More Time Challenge hosted by Midnight Book Girl. The goal here is to reread old favorites. This gives me a great excuse to read books I've been wanting to reread, but have felt guilty about because of all the other books I have waiting to be read. But, I don't care. Some of these books just need a reread! I'm going to sign up for the highest level, which is 13-20 books reread, because many of the books I want to reread are part of a series. Like, Harry Potter and The Tillerman Saga. Both childhood favorites, both with 7 books. Easy, right?!:)

I've also decided that I need to shrink my personal: Own and Need to Read list, so I'm participating in the Off the Shelf Challenge, hosted by BA Reading Challenges. Again, I don't have an actual list of which books I plan on reading, but I will update as I go. And, I'm trying for the On a Roll level, which means I'll be trying to read 50 books I owned before Jan. 1, 2011.

Going along with the above challenge, Adam over at Roof Beam Reader is hosting his 2011 TBR Pile Challenge. You have to read 12 books that have been on your TBR list for over a year, so no 2010 pub. dates. My post about this challenge is HERE, so you can see what I want to read.

I also have discovered that I really enjoy reading Multicultural fiction, and I want to make a conscious effort to read more. So, I've joined the POC Reading Challenge, hoping to get more books read with main characters who are different from me. One of the reasons we read is to learn, and I definitely know I have a lot to learn here. Any recommendations would be especially helpful!! For this challenge, you set your own goals, and I want to read at least 12 multicultural/POC books. That's only one a month, so I'm hoping that my actual numbers will be closer to 24 or 36. We'll see how I do!:)

And then, my final challenge — Among the Muses is hosting a Fairy Tale Reading Challenge! I LOVE Fairy Tales! How great that there is a challenge just about them!:) I'm aiming for 4-6, but I'm hoping to get more than that. And, this challenge goes along great with Misty @ Book Rat and my Fairy Tale Fortnight Event in April! Mark that down, if you haven't already!:)

Also, as a personal challenge, I want to start commenting more on the blogs that I read. So, I've decided that over the next little while, I want to visit every blog I follow and click on 5-7 reviews. Read the reviews, comment on at least half, and make sure I know why I follow them. I'm sad to admit that there are some blogs I don't read, that I follow. Not sure why I followed in the first place, but there are several blogs I follow who primarily review books I don't read... So, I'm going to try and remove the blogs I don't read, and then I can find even more blogs that I will!:)

So, what challenges are you participating in? And, I'm pretty sure I'm nuts!

art, book, challenge, fairy tales, favorite, life, random, and more:

Giant Huge Challenge Post + review