Systematic Student + random

$500 of free books from Chronicle Books!

Chronicle Books is hosting a contest for the Holidays. They are giving $500 in free books to one blogger! Seriously, how cool is that? To participate, explore Chronicle's online book store, select the $500 in books of your choice, list them in a blog post, fill out the entry form (visible here) and wait, hope and pray that they draw your name on Dec. 13.

But, it gets even better! It's hard to believe, but it definitely does. Not only will the blogger receive their choice of books up to $500, but so will one lucky commenter on their blog! That's right! Comment on this post, and if I win, you might win too! I think this is the greatest idea ever! I win the books I pick out, and so do you! (Win the books I pick out, that is...)

So, what books would I select if I had $500 to spend at Chronicle?! These:

  • A Gratitude Journal (because it's always nice to be reminded of what we have to be grateful for, and I love new journals.
  • Anna Sui Calico Cabaret Journal (ahem... It's pretty, and I love journals. Remember?)
  • Blackbird Bakery: Gluten-Free (because my dad has a gluten allergy and is so sad that he rarely gets to eat dessert)
  • Whip Up Mini Quilts (because my mom is definitely a quilter, but I don't have the patience for it. Mini seems like a great way to start, but if I hate it, I can pretend I bought it for her birthday. Hehehe...)
  • Every Day's a Holiday (because crafting with kids (if you're okay with a mess) is just so much fun!)
  • The Life and Love of Trees (because I just seriously love trees)
  • Breaking Bounds 2011 Wall Calendar (because I need a calendar, and this looks ridiculously cool)
  • How to Speak Zombie (seriously, like I need to explain why I want this?!:) )
  • Mama, Do You Love Me?
  • The Story of Little Red Riding Hood
  • The Magic Flute
  • Spinning Out
  • The Space Between Trees
  • A Child's Garden of Verses
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Sylvia Long's Mother Goose
  • The Little Books Boxed Set
  • Hush Little Baby
  • Creature ABC
  • Duck! Rabbit!
  • Lullaby Baby
  • Vincent's Colors
  • Monet's Impressions
  • The Lonesome Puppy
  • Once Upon a Lily Pad

So, that's my list. I think it totals just under $480. I thought about adding another book or two, but decided that I didn't trust my math, and was too lazy to total everything up all over again. BUT, I'm pretty excited about my list, and now I think I'm probably going to cry a little if I don't win. Sigh... I guess a girl can only hope, right? Anyway, I hope you all comment away so that if, by some small miracle, I did win, you could too!

Happy holidays!

art, book, giveaway, happy, life, and more:

$500 of free books from Chronicle Books! + random